OT Committee Worldwide - Ethics Order No 1 Bill of Particulars on David Miscavige 13 March 1984
Bill of Particulars
13 March 1984
David Miscavige of Los Angeles CA is hereby named as an interested party and is to appear before a Committee of Evidence.
From written Knowledge Reports, debriefs and investigations gathered concerning senior Church management and its activities over the last few years, there is evidence that David Miscavige has committed and been party to many High Crimes (suppressive acts) and Crimes.
It is charged that:
1. Mutiny During the course of 1981, David Miscavige unlawfully removed his senior, Diane Voegerding, from the post of CO CMO Int and subsequently placed himself above the CO CMO Int without authority to do so.
2. Organizing a splinter group which takes and perverts Scientology materials or practices, in whole or in part, still calling it Scientology or calling it something else.
From 1982, Miscavige has taken part in gang sec-checking, authorized "perpetual" suppressive declares, ordered the squirrel "running program," denied Scientologists access to justice, and placed his own orders senior to LRH policy - thusly assisting in the creation of that splinter group known as RTC.
3. Public statements against Scientology or Scientologists but not to Comm Evs duly convened.
On October 17th 1982, Miscavige held a meeting of Mission Holders in San Francisco where he berated Mission Holders publicly; three were verbally declared. No Comm Evs had been convened upon these Mission Holders. (Also see HCOPL 18Apr70 "Ethics and Franchise.")
4. Reporting or threatening to report Scientology or Scientologists to civil authorities in an effort to suppress Scientology or Scientologists from practicing or receiving standard technology.
As the Mission Holders conference, Miscavige threatened Mission Holders with imprisonment, contrary to the above.
5. Receiving money, favors or encouragement to suppress Scientology or Scientologists.
While many Scientology staff members live below the poverty level, Miscavige lives in luxury and at a high salary.
6. Pronouncing Scientologists guilty of the practice of standard Scientology, also pronouncing Scientologists guilty of the practice of the religion of Scientology.
Miscavige has been a leader in the campaign to denigrate Independent groups, calling their standard of Scientology "squirrel," thusly willfully degrading the tech.
7. Engaging in malicious rumor-mongering to destroy the authority or repute of higher officers or the leading names of Scientology or to "safeguard" a position.
Miscavige has been a source of third-party and a prime mover behind the non-specific declares (see HCOPL 2Jun65 which these violate) of many Scientology opinion leaders. These include David Mayo, Ken Urquhart, Ricardo Garcia, Jay Hurwitz, and many others.
8. Spreading false tales to invalidate Clears.
Miscavige has condoned the declare of not only Clears, but also ten Class 12 auditors and many OTs and NOTs OTs. (See HCOB 1Nov74RA "Rock Slams and Rockslammers" and HCOB 13Sep78 II "Clears, OTs and RSes.")
9. Spreading libelous and slanderous statements about the alleged behaviour of Clears Miscavige has denigrated the workability of Scientology with mass declares (some 1900 since his assumption of power) and most particularly with his attack upon David Mayo, a Class 12 and LRH's auditor.
10. Seeking to splinter off an area of Scientology and deny it properly constituted authority for personal profit, personal power, or to "save the organization from the higher officers of Scientology."
Miscavige was instrumental in the removal of MSH, Controller; Bill Franks, ED Int; Dede Voegerding, CO CMO Int; David Mayo, Senior CS Int; Kerry Gleeson, ED Int;
Allen Buchanan, D/ED Int; Peter Warren, Senior to Public Divs; Suzette Hubbard, CMO Gold; Gale Irwin, CO CMO; John Nelson, CO CMO Int; Roger Barnes, CO SMI; John Aczel, Management Exec for Missions; Emile Gilbert, CO Canada;
Ron Hopkins, CO UK; and MANY other senior terminals.
Properly constituted authority has been denied to Scientologists via the refusal of Comm Evs, the refusal to act upon petitions, the issuance of off-policy declares, and the removal from management of many OECs and FEBCs and their replacement with relatively untrained personnel.
11. Willful misapplication.
Miscavige has persistently enforced Ethics penalties without applying Ethics rewards. Moreso, he has used "Justice" in place of Ethics, and failed in applying the spirit and letter of policy.
12. Bringing civil suit against Scientologists without first calling the matter to the attention of the Ethics Officer.
Such suits have been brought against Eddie Mace, Bernard Wimbush, Marian van der Linde, Don Hills and Lawrence West.
13. Organizing a splinter group to confuse people about the true beliefs and practices of Scientology or to deceive them into considering that they will be able to study part of all of Scientology or receive standard pastoral counselling from the splinter group.
By denying Justice and Ethics to Scientologists, Miscavige has degraded the workability of Scientology tech. When Ethics is out, Tech will not go in. Also, the removal of HCOBs written by David Mayo and approved by LRH has created a situation where any E-meter course, the HRD, NOTs and Solo NOTs are invalidated.
1. Placing Scientology or Scientologists at risk.
The situation brought about within the Church - nearly 2000 declares and thousands of Scientologists leaving the Church - has brought many press articles, Scientologists have been taken to court by the Church, and Scientologists (Martin Samuels and Bent Corydon, for example) have taken the Church to court. Also, per LRH, Clears who have not done OTIII are at risk and yet upper levels are being denied Scientologists by off-policy pricing and services.
2. Following illegal orders or illegal policies or alter-is, knowing them to be different or contrary to those issued by the International Board.
Failure to observe Pricing and Justice Policy. Issue of illegal declares. Issue of material allegedly by LRH, but not in fact by LRH (RJ38.)
3. Not directly reorting flagrant departures from International Board Policy.
See the above.
4. Permitting a section, unit, department, organization, zone or division to collapse.
Despite propaganda, the Church of Scientology is actually in a decline by actual observation of Orgs. The International Mangement networks have been by-passed. (For instance, a CMO INT mission was sent into LA Day.)
5. Condoning circumstances or offenses capable of brings a course, section, unit, department, org, zone or division to a state of collapse.
See the foregoing charges.
6. Neglect of responsibilities resulting in catastrophe.
The inhibition of the Church's ability to deliver the Bridge.
7. Being or becoming a Potential Trouble Source without reporting it or taking action.
8. Using Scientology harmfully.
The use of the squirrel "running program" which caused physical and mental harm to those on it. Wrong indications via suppressive declares. Splitting families via the illegal re-introduction of disconnection.
9. Using a local title to set aside the orders or policies of the International Board.
By inserting the All Clear Comitte above the Watchdog Comittee on the org board.
10. Instigating a local power push against a senior.
Covered under the High Crime "Mutniny."
11. Spreading destructive rumors about senior Scientologists.
See High Crimes.
12. Falsifying a communication from a higher authority.
Forging orders allegedly from L. Ron Hubbard.
13. Causing severe and disreputable disturbances resulting in disrepute.
Bringing Scientology into public disrepute.
14. Holding Scientology materials or policies up to ridicule, contempt or scorn.
Instituting gang sec-checking, thusly ridiculing HCOB 30Nov78 "Confessional Procedure."
15. Condoning the suppression of the word "Scientology" in its use or practice.
By bringing legal suit against Lawrence West to prevent his use of the word "Scientology" as descriptive of the delivery of Scientology.
And any other High Crimes and/or Crimes that the Committee may uncover.
The Committee - which is to be carried out per HCOPL 7Sep63 "Committees of Evidence, Administration Of - is to find the Interested Party guilty or innocent on each charge. It is then to publish its Findings and Recommendations, and submit them to the Convening Authority for approval.
The Committee will consist of:
Chairman, Vincent Barnes
Secretary, Steve Kaye
Member, Joyce Barnes
Member, Ron Lawley
Member, Mel Smith
Anyone having information concerning the charges or any further evidence that would be of assistance to the Committee is requested to forwaard it to the Committee Secretary within six weeks (by the 21st day of April 1984) at this address:
Avalon, Cranston Road, East Grinstead, West Sussex RH19 3HG, UK NOTE: All evidence and Knowledge Reports must be according to HCOPL 17Jul66 "Evidence" - page 571, OEC Vol 1.
This Committee is convened under HCOPL 30Sep66 Issue II "OT Regulations," point eight.
Convening Authority W. B. Robertson Secnd Deputy Commodore Chairman, OT Committee WW